Senior Software Engineer (Platform Engineer)
Regular - Full Time
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry-compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, and credit products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit and credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Develop an understanding of Synapse systems & products and how they fit into the financial landscape
- Help architect solutions, building for scale from inception to execution
- Write clean, scalable and reliable code - this will become the foundation for new product launches
- Analyze, design, and develop application features and enhancements as requested by internal and/or external stakeholders
- Periodically communicate with new or existing customers, serving as a subject matter expert on Synapse products
- Work cross functionally with other technical teams to solve complex problems and/or launch new API features. Take ownership of your work from ideation to completion
- Leverage the best of Synapse’s stack, build from the ground up when necessary in order to create and debug existing production issues
- Develop polished, testable, and trustworthy systems that eliminate manual tasks for the financial services industry
- Perform code reviews and serve as a mentor to team members on engineering best practices
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems
- Participate in on-call rotation duties
- Be a team player and deliver on high priority schedules and goals
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or Statistics required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu; Advanced degree is a plus
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot issues across Platform and Code
- Desire to learn modern tools and technologies
- Strong understanding of the AWS Service Ecosystem (IAM, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Cognito, CloudFront, API Gateway, Organizations, etc) and experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElasticSearch, and Kibana
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience with Python with a love of writing tests
- Experience with ELK, MongoDB, Redshift, MySQL, and Redis databases is a plus but not required
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (proficiency with Jenkins is a plus)
- Experience with blockchain and crypto (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Polygon, Solana etc.) is a plus but not required
- Experience with Solidity and/or smart contract development is a plus but not required
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity.
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.