San Antonio, TX /
We are looking for BSA/AML Investigators with a love for finance and a desire to ensure that our customers succeed.
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. On a day-to-day basis, BSA/AML Investigators lead compliance investigations at Synapse which impact the company, our customers, and end users.
BSA/AML Investigators also keep up with changing regulations to ensure we have all the knowledge and experience needed to help our customers succeed.
- Leading the Suspicious Activity review: reviewing alerts and documenting findings and/or reasons for not filing, cash activity alerts, etc.
- Reporting to Synapse’s Bank Partners by providing thorough narratives and meeting all deadlines to ensure BSA & SLA compliance.
- Conducting and completing sanctions reviews for any potential matches requiring a manual review.
- Supporting fellow team members as needed including but not limited to daily processing of transactions related to wires, ACH, and RDC, transaction risk analysis, ID verifications, and EDD/KYC reviews.
- To be successful at Synapse, you need to have:
- A drive to help democratize best in class financial products
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience in Fintech, bank or MSB
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, CFPB)
- Previous experience with UDAAP a plus
- Strong communication + ability to interact with other humans
- Knack for analyzing data ensuring a better understanding of the big picture (I.e. what is and what is not working for our customers)
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with a lot of developers)
- Prior experience in conducting AML investigations, customer due diligence, SARs preparation and filing - is a plus!
- Competitive Salary
- Growth Potential
- Equity 0.0% - 0.001%
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- 401(k) with company matching
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.