San Francisco, CA
We are looking for individuals who are problem solvers and have a passion for helping customers.
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. Our legal team ensures that our customers have access to all of our knowledge and experience around what is going to work from a legal and compliance standpoint to help them succeed.
Synapse is a complex API infrastructure with lots of room to customize different experiences for various financial products. Our legal team helps navigate that complexity to ensure that we are giving the best experience and tools to our customers.
On top of working on legal agreements with our customers and bank partners, the Legal team is also responsible for working on developing our products and assuring they are compliant with laws and regulation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Draft and implementation of user agreements for specific products, disclosures, and disclaimers
- Research state, federal and certain international laws, rules, and regulations in connection with product offerings
- Providing legal advice on new products and services
- Reviewing existing products/services for additional legal considerations
- Advise on a range of regulations and industry standards with a focus on consumer protection
- Remaining current on laws, rulings, guidance, regulations and government programs affecting Synapse's operations
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent people skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to take initiative
- The ability to multitask
- The ability to efficiently manage time & caseload
In order to be successful at Synapse, you should have:
- A drive to help democratize best in class financial products
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- Law degree
- Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar and eligibility to register as in-house counsel with the CA Bar
- Experience working in a corporate legal environment or major law firm
- Fintech and regulatory background
- Exposure to international financial and privacy laws is a plus
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.