Director of Customer Growth
CA, TX, FL, AZ, NY /
Customer Success /
Synapse, a leading Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider, is on a mission to make top-tier financial products accessible to everyone, regardless of net worth. Our comprehensive platform offers compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment, and crypto solutions through user-friendly APIs. As the only BaaS provider that enables swift and comprehensive product launches, Synapse is the ideal choice for builders.
Our culture values collaboration, inclusivity, and a shared concern for others' well-being. As we continue to grow, so will your career and opportunities, making it an exciting time to join our team.
As the Director of Customer Growth, you will manage a team of Customer Growth Managers (CGMs) who serve as the primary contacts for customers post-sale. Your team will collaborate with customer engineers and customer compliance managers to ensure customer retention and expansion. In this role, you will act as the senior leader point of contact and drive your team to achieve their goals.
What You Will Do
- Report to the VP of Customer Growth and manage a team of CGMs responsible for growing and retaining their assigned accounts.
- Oversee and report on net revenue retention for accounts managed by your team.
- Coach CGMs to strategize and execute account expansion, identifying upsell and cross-sell opportunities in collaboration with the sales team.
- Serve as an executive sponsor and the first point of escalation for your team's assigned accounts.
- Establish strategic partnerships by engaging with key contacts on a recurring basis.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Compliance, Sales, and Product leadership to improve cross-functional communication and delivery.
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience managing a customer success/growth team, with a focus on retention and upsell.
- 10+ years of customer-facing experience in customer growth, customer success, and account management roles.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Confidence in meeting key metrics, such as churn, upsell, and NPS.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with empathy and urgency.
- Proficiency in analyzing data and presenting actionable insights to executive stakeholders.
- Technical aptitude and eagerness to become an expert in Synapse's product and the financial services industry.
- Prior experience in FinTech or FinServ is highly desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and analytical skills, with the ability to perform under pressure.
- Compensation is expected to be between $151,000 - $194,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.