San Francisco, CA
We are looking for back-end engineers to help us build developer-friendly APIs for banking services. To get a good idea of different types of products you will be working on, take a look at our APIs: https://docs.synapsefi.com.
We have a micro-services architecture. You, or a small team, will work on a few micro-services that would eventually end up as one of our products. If you are curious about what you would be working on, read this https://medium.com/synapsefi/product-roadmap-for-2018-f0002f290421.
In order to be successful at Synapse, you should have:
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- Experience with Python, with strong love for writing tests
- Ability to write clean, reliable code that can be easily maintained
- Ability to solve problems and identify areas of improvement
- Along with Python, we use flask to build APIs, docker to containerize them, rancher to deploy and orchestrate, AWS to host, CircleCI to test (and obviously Github in between all this). So experience with this stack is a plus, but not a necessity. These things are easy to learn.
- We also use mongodb, redshift, mysql and redis for databases (depending on application needs). Again, experience with these is a plus, but not a necessity.
- BA/BS degree in Computer or Information Science, or a related field
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health // Dental // Vision)
- Temporary Housing (for those relocating to San Francisco)
- Catered lunch and commuter benefits
- The ability to try different things (dabbling in machine learning projects, if desired)
- $70K - $100K
- 0.0% - 0.007%
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.