Sr. Internal Auditor
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Sr. Internal Auditor who have a love for finance and a desire to ensure that our customers succeed.
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. On a day-to-day basis, The Sr. Internal Auditor will lead reviews for SOC and PCI at Synapse. These reviews will not only be for the company, but also our business customers, and end users.
We are building a full stack bank, so audit reviews will range from proper disclosures for deposit account and NACHA compliance to proposing system organization controls with regard to security and card issuance\processing best practices.
On top of that, the Sr. Internal Auditor is also expected to keep up with changing regulations to ensure we have all the knowledge and experience needed to help our customers succeed.
In order to be successful at Synapse, you should:
- Experience assisting with independent third party audits (BSA, ACH, SOC, PCI), including
- Join calls between appropriate personnel and auditors to answer questions, provide supporting documents
- Ensure audits adhere to the expected schedule and timeframe
- Audit procedures and controls to ensure they are a true representation of the processes being completed on a day to day basis
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls and provide feedback to the program design team for improvements
- Security SOC PCI Conduct quarterly CST meetings and document items discussed
- Develop a detailed understanding of Synapse's systems, identifying both control gaps and opportunities to streamline processes and controls.
- Proactively follow-up, track, and close out all identified audit findings.
- A drive to help democratize best in class financial products
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other auditing certification is preferred
- 3+ years auditing experience in Finance, IT and/or FinTech
- Must be self-motivated, analytical and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Strong understanding of SOC, PCI, SOX and US GAAP
- Knack for analyzing data ensuring a better understanding of the big picture (I.e. what is and what is not working for our customers)
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with a lot of developers)
- Prior experience in conducting reviews, designing controls, and report preparation - is a plus!
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- $80K - $110K
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.