Senior Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Data Science /
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate the democratization of best in class financial products for everybody.
Through the use of machine learning techniques and algorithms, we want to build an automated back office that decreases cost for customers and provides state of the art financial products for anyone regardless of net worth.
Our Machine Learning team plays a crucial role in creating models that are able to process and verify user data and simultaneously looking for ways to evaluate fraud and any other potentially unethical activity.
We are looking for experienced machine learning engineers to come join our fast-growing company. Here is an example of a Synapse ML tool: https://medium.com/synapsefi/insto-instant-account-opening-a2aac88bc0dd. Everything here uses machine learning, from instant ID verification, to video authentication to social media verification.
- Design and build systems from the ground up. You will be creating a service that will be at the core of the majority of Synapse systems
- Build the model serving systems with which we can use to deploy our models to production
- Scale the ML system to allow it to support more cases and and ML model types
- Build and implement machine learning infrastructure that allows any Synapse engineer the ability to prototype and iterate on products and features to be executed on top of consumer-permissioned financial data
- Collaborate closely with other members cross functionally (account managers, compliance specialists, support, etc.) in order to deliver high quality code for business system problems as they arise
- Ability to build and fine tune ML models that can support all of Synapse internal compliance regulations and ML platform features
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics and/or any other related field
- Strong Python programming skills (minimum of 3 - 5 years) with a love for writing tests
- 3+ years of experience in implementing and deploying large scale ML solutions
- Strong communication skills within the scope of a technical and non-technical audience
- 3+ years of industry experience developing and maintaining machine learning backend systems
- Experience with Tensorflow, PyTorch, Numpy, SparkML, pandas, Kafka, Spark. Be able to learn new tools and systems quickly.
- Experience with working on computer vision or NLP problems
- Ability to write clean, reliable code that can be easily maintained
- Ability to solve problems and identify areas of improvement
- Along with Python, we use flask to build APIs, docker to containerize them, rancher to deploy and orchestrate, AWS to host, CircleCI to test (and obviously Github in between all this). So experience with this stack is a plus, but not a necessity.
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.