CA, TX, WA, TN, FL or IL /
We are looking for Compliance Analysts with a love for finance and a desire to ensure that our customers succeed.
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. On a day-to-day basis, you will lead compliance investigations at Synapse which impact the company, our customers, and end users. We are building a full stack bank, so compliance investigations range from ACH transfers to deposit account compliance to cards.
You will also be expected to have a deep understanding of payment types, fraud typologies, keep up with changing regulations, and think critically to ensure we help our customers succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct fraud investigations resulting from internal monitoring or referred by clients and spearhead relevant remediation and tracking consistent with the Fraud Playbook and overall policies and procedures
- Perform OFAC Sanctions reviews for potential matches requiring a manual review.
- Collaborate with team members and provide support as needed including but not limited to daily processing of transactions related to wires, ACH, and RDC, transaction risk analysis, and EDD/KYC reviews.
- Validate documents obtained as part of KYC including manual review of government ID, passport and other document verifications, which the system has been unable to validate.
- Support the Synapse's transaction monitoring efforts by assisting with investigations and SAR filings.
- Conduct Open Source Investigations and Adverse Media Screenings.
- Provide feedback on procedures related to daily operations to ensure that they remain current and are comprehensive.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience in Fintech, bank or MSB
- CAMS certification is strongly preferred or advanced knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-money laundering (AML) disciplines to include KYC, Sanctions, Fraud, AML and Financial Crimes Compliance is required.
- Knowledge of geographic risk with regard to sanctions, PEPs, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing, narcotics trafficking, and other financial crimes is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with UDAAP a plus but not necessary
- Knack for analyzing data ensuring a better understanding of the big picture (I.e. what is and what is not working for our customers)
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with a lot of developers)
- A drive to help democratize best in class financial products
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
What We Offer:
- 💰 Competitive Compensation
- 📈 Equity
- 🍎 Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚 401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝 PTO & Holidays
- ✨ Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.