Customer Compliance Analyst
Regular - Part Time
We are looking for a Customer Compliance Analyst with a love for finance and a desire to ensure that our customers succeed. On a day-to-day basis, you will lead due diligence and risk mitigation efforts at Synapse which impact the company, our customers, and end users. You will also be expected to keep up with knowledge and expertise needed to help our customers succeed and maintain the integrity of our regulatory policies.
The Customer Compliance Analyst is expected to remain abreast with changing regulations to ensure the integrity and adequacy of our compliance programs.
What You Will Do
- Conduct comprehensive UDAAP reviews on new and existing clients. These risk assessments must be evaluated on a regular basis and updated to reflect the current risk appetite of Synapse and offerings provided to the platform and/or their end-users.
- Strategically develop, update, and maintain appropriate controls for each client program utilizing a risk based approach while considering the client’s mission and individual business models.
- Perform routine audits and conduct ongoing monitoring of existing clients to ensure all onboarding representations are accurate and in compliance with governing laws and regulations
- Develop and enforce remediation plans for clients in response to regulatory violations through JIRA and other tools, specifically corrective actions on UDAAP concerns, or other Compliance-related issues identified by Synapse related to services offered through our bank partnerships
- Assist Compliance Managers in tracking trends, reporting and metrics on Platforms to be shared both internally and with our bank partners.
- Stay abreast of relevant regulatory updates and industry best practices.
- Maintain a positive working relationship and demeanor with Compliance Managers, Customer Growth Managers, and Customer Engineering Managers.
- Assist with any escalated issues from Daily Risk Compliance that may require additional review related to policies and/or procedure.
- Develop, update, and maintain all standard operating procedures related to Customer Review programs
- Work with Legal, Compliance, Engineering, and senior leadership to ensure appropriate controls are designed and implemented.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to assess risk of potentially higher risk platforms prior to onboarding during initial sales process.
- Review and analyze applicable regulations to ensure that Synapse’s policies maintain compliance.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience in a FinTech, Marketing, Social Media, Compliance, and other legal and regulatory review capacity.
- Working knowledge of applicable US laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., Reg-E, BSA/AML, TILA, TISA, UDAAP, etc.)
- Prior experience in conducting risk assessments, customer due diligence and regulatory analysis
- Strong communication + ability to interact with others, including senior leadership. This role will require clear, concise, and well-supported communication.
- Knack for analyzing data (Excel, MongoDB, SQL) to better understand big picture (i.e., what is and what is not working for our customers)
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with a lot of developers)
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team, FinTech experience is a plus.
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity A familiarity (or passion to become familiar) with the FinTech industry.
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.