San Francisco, CA
We are looking for BSA Analysts with a love for finance and a desire to ensure that our customers succeed.
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. On a day-to-day basis, compliance analysts will lead compliance investigations at Synapse which impact the company, our customers, and end users. We are building a full stack bank, so compliance investigations range from ACH transfers to deposit account compliance to cards.
On top of that, BSA Analysts are also expected to keep up with changing regulations to ensure we have all the knowledge and experience needed to help our customers succeed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- BSA Analysts are part of our Program Design team
- Develop, update, and maintain all standard operating procedures
- Develop, update, and maintain internal policies and programs (BSA, marketing guidelines, international risk assessments, etc.) for which our procedures are based upon.
- This includes new programs and policies for any additional services and/or products offered by Synapse.
- Any applicable regulations must be evaluated, policies must comply with regulatory requirements
- Perform annual risk assessment on Synapse as an entity focused on services offered and regulatory risks
- Perform risk assessments on all clients onboarded to the company. These risk assessments must be evaluated on a regular basis and updated to reflect the current risk appetite of Synapse and offerings provided to platform and/or their users.
- Enhanced due diligence for clients and potential bank partners, assess risk posed by any third party relationships
- Perform compliance reviews for all Platforms focused on the following areas:
- User profile/account creationTransaction authorizations/disclosures
- Platform operationsAuxiliary product disclosures
- Develop and enforce remediation plans for clients in response to regulatory violations, UDAAP concerns, or general disregard to requirements set forth by Synapse related to services offered through our bank partnerships
- Create monthly compliance reports to be shared with our bank partners as well as quarterly reports to the boardReview and respond to legal requests (e.g. subpoenas)
- Assist with any escalated issues from daily risk compliance that may require additional review related to policies and/or procedures
- Draft management responses to external audits as appropriate (specifically BSA audits) and implement necessary changes
- To be successful at Synapse, you need to have:
- A drive to help democratize best in class financial products
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience in a Fintech, bank or MSB
- Previous experience in a BSA program design capacity
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, CFPB)
- Previous experience with UDAAP a plus
- Strong communication + ability to interact with other humans
- Knack for analyzing data ensuring a better understanding of the big picture (I.e. what is and what is not working for our customers)
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with a lot of developers)
- Prior experience in conducting AML investigations, customer due diligence, SARs preparation and filing - is a plus!
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- $90K - $120K/DOE
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.