Director of Payment Operations
CA, TX, FL, AZ, NY /
Accounting & Finance /
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry-compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment, and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit, and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Build a best-class payment operations team that emphasizes ensuring that all payment operations are running effectively across the organization.
- As the business owner for all reconciliations, partner with teams across Synapse to identify and reconcile all money movement across our financial services partners and build reconciliations, monitoring, alerting, and escalation processes to ensure all funds are appropriately reconciled on a daily basis. Reconciliations must emphasize: Total balances, Balances by institution/partner, Volume and dollar amount of individual transaction
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure that all platform and user balances are maintained in accordance with MSAs, end-user agreements, and our terms of service.
- Design and document effective operational processes (SOPs) focused on standardization and automation to enable the team to scale + Apply continuous improvement to the processes and implement new procedures as needed.
- Collaborate closely across Synapse and the external teams of our financial services partners as we integrate our technology and the payment flows between parties, with an emphasis on understanding and meeting the reconciliation and reporting needs of all key constituents.
- Collaborate with Compliance, Engineering, Product, and Finance to ensure Synapse is in line with safeguarding regulations of FINRA and financial services partners.
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience working with technology-driven financial products in an operations or accounting focused role, either at a bank, bank-oriented fintech company, or related business
- Track record of building processes and systems from scratch
- Comfort working cross functionally with multiple teams to design processes, create alignment and drive outcomes
- Experience directly working within an Operations, Finance or IT department focused on financial and payments transactions
- Background in building tools or dashboards that automate the alerting and escalation of a large volume of payments movement on a daily basis
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on communicating early and often and knowing when to escalate to the payment/reconciliation issues to the leadership team.
- Compensation is expected to be between $154,000 - $198,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 📈Equity🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.