Senior Data and Analytics Analyst, Accounting Operation
CA, TX, AZ, FL, NY, IL, OR, WA, WY /
Accounting & Finance /
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with internal and external teams including accounting, engineering, and finance to analyze data and present in BI analysis
- Own the BI tool, Domo, drive strategic analysis and recommendations to organizations to help drive success within each organization. In addition, will monitor Domo cards and dashboard for any errors that occur and solve those specific issues.
- Ensuring data integrity through various quality assurance methods; continuously monitor banking and financial transaction data and report discrepancies and areas for improvement.
- Learn and provide improvement recommendations for internal account processes
- Analyze large data sets to understand what’s happening across all financial transactions and operations across the FP&A team
- Incorporates data from multiple sources to generate regular reports, ensuring accuracy and data integrity in project reporting for the FP&A team.
- Support organization-wide initiatives with stellar data analytics and identifying and monitoring relevant metrics to enhance performance and quality, in partnership with FP&A senior leadership.
- Assist with ad-hoc project work as needed across the FP&A team.
What You Will Bring
- Have 4+ years experience in business intelligence and/or data analytics. Experience with SQL and querying databases is a big plus
- Experience with BI tools specifically should be an expert with Domo and other BI tools.
- Some experience in FP&A, banking, and/or financial reporting or monitoring a plus.
- Have experience navigating the nuanced complexity of financial systems and solving large scale, technical challenges.
- Have strong analytical skills to investigate, prioritize, and identify the root cause of issues.
- Have experience managing communications and workflows with technical and non-technical teams across internal and external stakeholders (including external banking partners and vendors).
- You are comfortable operating independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment to deliver results, with an ability to establish priorities and reliably execute against time-sensitive deadlines.
- Have experience managing multiple, concurrent work streams, identifying and triaging technical issues and driving solutions with clear metrics to show impact.
- Compensation is expected to be between $108,000 - $152,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.