Head of Communications
San Francisco, CA
Synapse is seeking a Head of Communications to lead all aspects of our Communications & PR initiatives in the U.S. market, and internationally as we expand in the coming years. The Head of Communications will also be charged with elevating brand awareness through social media, online platforms, press releases, communications, and trade marketing. They will report to the CEO and will be responsible for ultimately developing the public relations and communications team as needed.
At Synapse, we share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative, action-oriented, and horizontally structured. We are a team of conscientious hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose.
Synapse provides payment, deposit, lending and investment products as APIs to FinTech companies who build and launch their financial innovations on top of our banking infrastructure. Our mission is to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth.
The Head of Communications should be a well-rounded and strategic individual with the ability to:
- Maximize brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, TV, podcasts, blogs, and social media)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Arrange interviews and press releases to promote our company and its products/services
- Ensure brand consistency in all advertising efforts
- Organize PR events to increase awareness of our company
- Assign tasks and projects to the PR teamTrack and influence media coverage
- Report on PR campaigns’ results
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain company’s good reputation
- Lead and evolve a brand to differentiate itself in a fast-paced landscape; leverage existing media relationships, including broadcast, traditional, and online.
- Pitch new ideas, and amplify content and social concepts to propel brand awareness while representing the Synapse voice, and staying consistent with current trends and media opportunities
- Influence and lead across all levels and functions within an organization and serve as a spokesperson in the industry
- Ensure that the cross-company efforts connect to clear and powerful narratives that resonate with key audiences.
- Attend conferences, meetings, conventions, in order to stay current on market trends and new research
- Collaborate with the business team to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement branding strategies for new and existing products, internally and externally
- Lead by example and have a strong sense of urgency; have the ability to persevere in the face of challenges and exhibit a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards; a leader who is self-reflective.
- Manage conception, development, and implementation of brand awareness and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, advertising or related field, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of extensive experience in communications, advertising, PR and/or brand management - preferably a combination.
- Have established portfolio of media and PR contacts; strong knowledge of traditional, digital and social media (requirement).
- Have successfully built, led and mentored teams.
- Be self-motivated and willing to roll-up their sleeves to figure out how to get things done; have the ability to work in a fast paced startup and wear multiple hats.
- Be comfortable doing analysis and know how to use data to support your plans.
- Have strong analytical and communication skills; ability to work with unstructured information and data to influence brand decisions.
- Be a strong collaborator with a track record of building and sustaining relationships across all functions and levels in an organization to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of public relations/communications plans.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- 0.0% - 0.007%
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.