Reconciliations Analyst, Accounting Operations
CA, TX, FL, AZ, NY /
Accounting & Finance /
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Performs regularly (daily, monthly, quarterly) maintenance and monitoring of account activity with key banking partners; delivers regular reporting to senior management
- Uses strong BI analytical skills to navigate large, complex data sets to identify discrepancies
- Triage reconciliations in partnership with internal FP&A teams and key banking partners to resolve issues
- Research and resolve all out of balances conditions
- Manage a strong partnership and maintain open communications with external banking partners
- Drive changes in the implementation of automated systems and streamlining processes to identify, solve, and prevent future discrepancies.
- Assist with ad-hoc project work as needed across the FP&A team.
What You Will Bring
- Have 4+ years in accounting and/or account reconciliation. Experience with SQL and querying databases is a big plus.
- Some experience in FP&A, banking, and/or financial reporting or monitoring a plus.
- Experience working with EFT networks such as Mastercard is helpful
- Have experience navigating the nuanced complexity of financial systems and solving large scale, technical challenges.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify cause and effect and communicate results in a clear, organized manner.
- Strong partnership management and communication skills required.
- You are comfortable operating independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment to deliver results, with an ability to establish priorities and reliably execute against time-sensitive deadlines.
- Compensation is expected to be between $101,000 - $130,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.