San Francisco, CA
We're excited to hire someone who is an eager and ambitious individual; someone who will “roll up their sleeves” and offer support to our growing team.
This is a great opportunity to join a small in-house culinary team with a Monday- Friday schedule, competitive pay, a generous benefits package that includes comprehensive health care, a monthly commuter stipend, and plenty of room for growth.
Synapse is a growing tech company, serving breakfast, lunch and snacks to about 150+ employees. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Line Cook to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous commercial kitchen experience, is a good communicator, is responsible, is a team player and wants to work hard, while still enjoying their job and having fun.
We prioritize cooking highly nutritious food, that is beautiful, delicious and leaves our team members feeling satiated and full of energy. Our menus are vegetable driven and highlight seasonal produce, sustainable proteins and whole grains.
In order to be successful at Synapse, you should:
- Prepare breakfast and lunch for daily changing menus
- Cook proteins, vegetables and grains
- Make sauces, marinades and dressings (with and without recipes)
- Set up, maintenance and break down of service (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Assist with daily cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen
- Assist with receiving orders, proper food storage and labeling, FIFO
- Work safely and with a sense of urgency
We are looking for someone who has:
- 2 years of professional cooking experience
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills, local and seasonal ingredients
- Ability to work in a clean and organized manner
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours a day
- ServSafe Certification
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health/Dental/Vision/Life)
- 401(k) Match
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monday-Friday, Hourly (7:30am-4pm, with paid lunch)
- Pay: $23-$25/hour, DOE
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.