Card Services Supervisor
San Antonio, TX
We are looking for Card Services Supervisor with a love for finance and a desire to ensure that our customers succeed. Synapse provides payment, deposit, lending and investment products as APIs to FinTech companies. Our mission is to accelerate democratization of best in class financial products for everybody - regardless of their net worth.
Synapse is a complex API infrastructure with lots of room to customize different experiences for various financial products. The ideal candidate will be able to develop a concrete understanding of our customer's primary concerns and motivations. On top of that, Card Services Supervisors are expected to keep up with changing regulations to ensure we have all the knowledge and experience needed to help our customers succeed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring ACH transactions by identifying unusual patterns and trends and resolving any ACH disputes accordingly.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and primary contact for ACH disputes.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, government regulations and adhere to the debit/credit card brand guidelines
- Identify and recommend potential changes to improve existing processes and procedures.
- Responsible for client communication, loss reduction, recovery and other areas of the disputes process.
- Research, process and administer to full resolution for all card services functions generated by inquiries within established standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve card processing issues with emphasis on the overall customer experience.
- Ensure all necessary correspondence is shared within required timelines.
- Work directly with the Compliance team to minimize and mitigate potential losses.
- Perform other duties as needed to help the team
- To be successful at Synapse, you need to have:
- A drive to help democratize best in class financial products
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience within a Fintech, bank and/or MSB
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., Reg E, BSA, OFAC, CFPB)
- Previous experience with UDAAP is nice to have
- Strong communication + ability to interact with other humans
- Knack for analyzing data ensuring a better understanding of the big picture (I.e. what is and what is not working for our customers)
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with a lot of developers)
- Prior experience in conducting AML investigations, customer due diligence, SARs preparation and filing - is a plus!
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- 401(k) with company matching
- $45-55K (DOE)
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.