Senior DevOps Engineer
Regular - Full Time
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry-compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, and credit products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit and credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement a scalable, secure cloud architecture in AWS implementing preventative security measures (detection, monitoring, exploitation) utilizing new and existing tools.
- Analyze application features and enhancements from the security and compliance perspective as requested by internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Participate in the compliance audits, serving as a subject matter expert for IT Engineering
- Define the security strategy and integrate regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI DSS, SOC, SAQ, GLBA, FFIEC, etc.) into the organizational security roadmap.
- Serve as a mentor for other Engineers across the engineering organization.
- Collaborate and analyze threats, provide technical security planning, implementation, configuration, support and troubleshooting services on all security technologies.
- Manage cloud, network, data and endpoint protections using the AWS ecosystem.
- Work cross functionally with other technical teams to solve complex problems. Take ownership of your work from ideation to completion.
- Take ownership of your work from ideation to deployment.
- Be a team player and deliver on high priority schedules and goals.
- Participate in on-call rotation duties
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Statistics required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu; Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of production, core fundamentals, and/or related professional software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience integrating regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI-DSS/3DS, SOC,, SAQ, GLBA, FFIEC, Regulation Z, FINRA etc.) into the organizational security roadmap
- Lead the technical planning and requirements gathering phases to estimate, develop, test, and deliver cutting edge solutions
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Strong understanding of AWS Service Experience. (IAM, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Cognito, CloudFront, API Gateway, Organizations, etc) and experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElasticSearch.
- Experience with MongoDB, Redshift, MySQL, and Redis databases preferred.
- Having experience in building large scale systems to solve challenging and complex issues
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.