Senior Product Manager - Banking
CA, TX, FL, AZ, NY /
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
As a Senior Product Manager at Synapse, you will be critical to defining the product vision and strategy for our Deposit Hub team, collaborating with engineering and product leadership to drive execution while ensuring successful adoption by working with different cross-functional teams (both internal and external). We are seeking a Senior Product Manager for our Deposit Hub product line, with a passion for building out Deposit backed products including DDAs, Direct Deposit, and our flagship Cash Management product. You will play a key role in defining the product vision and strategy, collaborating with engineering and product leadership to drive execution while ensuring successful adoption by working with different cross-functional teams (both internal and external).
What You Will Do
- Conceive new ideas for features and product strategy by understanding the market and competitive landscape
- Proactively own and take responsibility for your products and features
- Providing business prioritization for the backlog and grooming stories with clear requirements and acceptance criteria
- Use a data-driven approach to create, implement, then validate acceptance criteria for products delivered
- Use your domain knowledge and product expertise to define user challenges with solid understanding of the competitors in this space in accordance with regulatory compliance
- Scan the overall market landscape for problems to be solved, customer opportunities and create possible product / feature solutions to take advantage of them
- Work directly with the sales and customer teams to discover requirements and the voice of the customer
- Keep the team and stakeholders aligned on vision, strategy, and goals, and confidently navigate ambiguity and competing demands, while harmonizing various cross-functional opinions
- Speak in front of large groups regarding your product or feature with confidence and clarity about customer insights, and provide strong and compelling storytelling from the perspective of various user personas
- Confidently demo your products to customers and present nuanced technical specifications based on the audience
- Embrace others' viewpoints and ideas other than your own, and honor your commitments
- Regularly demonstrate teamwork, appreciation, and strong communication skills in interactions at all levels across-peer teams
- Work collaboratively with all engineering, project management, compliance, sales and other team members and stakeholders
What You Will Bring
- 6+ years of product management experience, preferably with expertise in delivering enterprise-grade, service-oriented solutions in the fintech or financial services spaces
- A university degree in computer science or a similar STEM field along with an MBA is preferred
- Strong track record in delivering long-running, large-scale technology projects
- Experience building goal alignment and excitement in an agile environment driving backlog grooming and prioritization
- Ability to clearly document and communicate product, technical, and business requirements
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions
- Experience building and implementing highly scalable banking services
- Solid understanding of the regulatory and compliance environment associated with deposit based financial products and services
- Have built and launched banking products including Cash Deposits, For-Benefit-Of Sub-Accounts, Custody Accounts, and Clearing Accounts
- Have worked at a major fintech or financial services company
- Hands on experience around brokerage accounts and cash management accounts that have a global reach is a plus but not required
- Compensation is expected to be between $138,000 - $194,000. Exact Compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.