BSA/Program Compliance Designer
We are looking for Program Compliance Designers with a love for finance and a desire to ensure that our customers succeed.
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. On a day-to-day basis, Program Compliance Designers will lead due diligence and risk mitigation efforts at Synapse which impact the company, our customers, and end users. We are building a full stack bank, and our products and services range from depository accounts to lending and brokerage services.
Program Compliance Designers are also expected to keep up with changing regulations to ensure we have all the knowledge and expertise needed to help our customers succeed and maintain the integrity of our consumer regulatory policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- BSA/Program Compliance Designers are part of our Program Design team
- Strategically develop, update, and maintain appropriate controls for each client program utilizing a risk based approach while considering the client’s mission and individual business model
- Perform routine audits of existing clients to ensure all onboarding representations are accurate and in compliance with governing laws and regulations
- Stay abreast of any relevant regulatory updates
- Perform risk assessments on all clients onboarded to the company. These risk assessments must be evaluated on a regular basis and updated to reflect the current risk appetite of Synapse and offerings provided to the platform and/or their users.
- Enhanced due diligence for clients and potential bank partners, assess risk posed by any third party relationships
- Perform compliance reviews for all Platforms focused on the following areas: Account creation and necessary disclosures/agreements; Transaction authorizations; Platform operations and functionality with consumer friendliness in mind; Auxiliary product disclosures (E.g. Cardholder agreements); Marketing material; Customer communications of any kind (E.g. email communications, statements, periodic notices, etc.)
- Develop and enforce remediation plans for clients in response to regulatory violations, UDAAP concerns, or general disregard of requirements set forth by Synapse related to services offered through our bank partnerships
- Create monthly compliance reports to be shared with our bank partners as well as quarterly reports to senior leadership within the Compliance Team
- Assist with any escalated issues from daily risk compliance that may require additional review related to policies and/or procedures
- To be successful at Synapse, you should have:
- A drive to help democratize best in class financial products
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- A drive to problem solve and think critically
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanityA familiarity (or passion to become familiar) with the FinTech industry
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in a FinTech, bank or MSB
- Previous experience in a BSA/AML, internal audit, or other consumer financial regulatory focused role
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA/AML, TILA, TISA, UDAAP, etc.)
- Prior experience in conducting risk assessments, customer due diligence and regulatory analysis
- Strong communication + ability to interact with others, including senior leadership.This role will require clear, concise, and well-supported communication.
- Knack for analyzing data ensuring a better understanding of the big picture (I.e. what is and what is not working for our customers)
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with a lot of developers)
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits (Health / Dental / Vision / Long-term Disability / Life)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.