Senior Software Engineer (Customer Engineer)
CA, TX, FL, AZ, NY /
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Have the opportunity to quickly contribute highly impactful, customer-facing code and help to shape fundamental aspects of our codebase and engineering culture.
- Help customers integrate Synapse products quickly and advise on scaling challenges.
- Participate in code reviews and own the design for customer-facing solutions.
- Mentor team members through new solutions and drive feature enhancements.
- Rarely require guidance for technical and customer issues and provide feedback within the team.
- Identify solutions to existing team challenges and proactively resolve customer issues across teams.
- Work on the core infrastructure to improve customer experience and collaborate with team members on priorities and technical specifications.
- Participate in brainstorming, retrospectives, sprint planning, and team game times.
- Improve and influence our customers' experience by leveraging your technical skills to deliver creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Use your technical expertise to assist customers in integrating with Synapse products by providing technical solutions, and advice, and overcoming technical challenges.
- Focus on technical advocacy and providing technical solutions to customers' strategic directions and challenges.
What You Will Bring
- Deep expertise in developing production apps in Python and significant experience architecting and delivering high-quality, reusable systems.
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices and concepts such as SOA, testing practices, code reviews, feature flags, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or Statistics is required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu; an Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of production, core fundamentals, and/or related professional software engineering experience.
- Lead the technical planning and requirements gathering phases to estimate, develop, test, and deliver cutting-edge solutions.
- Solid command of Python programming with a love for writing tests.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Compensation is expected to be between $146,000 - $209,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.