Senior Back-End Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate the democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. Synapse is a banking platform that enables companies to provide financial products to their customers.
Our backend engineers help construct developer-friendly APIs for banking services. We have a micro-services architecture. You, or a small team, will work on a few micro-services that would eventually end up as one of our products. For a general idea of some of the products you will be working on, take a look at our APIs: https://docs.synapsefi.com.
We are looking for an experienced back-end engineer to come join our fast-growing company as we grow and scale internationally.
In order to be successful at Synapse, you should:
- Ability to write clean, scalable and reliable code - this will become the foundation for new product launches.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with other technical teams (Frontend, ML, Design, etc.) to solve complex problems and/or launch new API features.
- Prototype high quality solutions for complex software problems and implement for production bank deployments.
- Leverage the best of Synapse’s stack, build from the ground up when necessary in order to create and debug existing production issues.
- Design, improve, and execute backend implementations of new and existing consumer production applications
- Take ownership of your work from ideation to deployment.
- Develop polished, testable, and trustworthy systems that eliminate manual tasks from the financial industry.
- Be a team player and deliver on high priority schedules and goals.
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Statistics and/or any other related field.
- 5+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and/or related professional backend engineering experience
- 1+ years of leading a small team or project.
- Strong command of Python programming language with a love for writing tests.
- Experience with MongoDB, Redshift, MySQL, and Redis databases a plus but not required.
- Having experience in building large scale systems to solve challenging and complex issues
- Along with Python, we use flask to build APIs, docker to containerize them, rancher to deploy and orchestrate, AWS to host, CircleCI to test (and obviously Github in between all this). So experience with this stack is a plus, but not a necessity. These things are easy to learn.
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.