Senior Engineer (Software)
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate the democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. Synapse is a banking platform that enables companies to provide financial products to their customers.
Our engineers help construct developer-friendly APIs for banking services. We have a micro-services architecture. For a general idea of some of the products you will be working on, take a look at our APIs: https://docs.synapsefi.com.
We are looking for Senior Engineers to come join our fast-growing company as we grow and scale internationally.
What You Will Do:
- Write clean, scalable and reliable code - this will become the foundation for new product launches.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with other technical teams (Payments, Risk, Platform & Core) to solve complex problems and/or launch new API features.
- Prototype high quality solutions for complex software problems and implement for production bank deployments.
- Architect systems, building for scale from inception to execution.
- Periodically communicate with new or existing customers, serving as a subject matter expert on Synapse products.
- Perform code reviews and serve as a mentor to team members on engineering best practices.
- Leverage the best of Synapse’s stack, build from the ground up when necessary in order to create and debug existing production issues.
- Design, improve, and execute backend implementations of new and existing production applications
- Take ownership of your work from ideation to deployment.
- Develop polished, testable, and trustworthy systems that eliminate manual tasks for the financial services industry.
- Be a team player and deliver on high priority schedules and goals.
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Statistics and/or any other related field required; Advanced degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and/or related professional backend engineering experience
- Strong command of Python with a love for writing tests.
- Experience with ELK, MongoDB, Redshift, MySQL, and Redis databases a plus but not required.
- Having experience in building large scale systems to solve challenging and complex issues
- Along with Python, we use flask to build APIs, docker to containerize them, rancher to deploy and orchestrate, AWS to host, CircleCI to test (and obviously Github in between all this). So experience with some of this stack is preferred.
What We Offer:
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.