San Francisco, CA
At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate the democratization of best in class financial products for everybody. The Office Assistant will be passionate and driven in building our office operations and employee experience in the pursuit of our mission and continued scalability.
We are looking for a hard-working problem-solver that has a passion for helping people. Synapse is looking for an Office Assistant who will take part in providing top notch office support and being the point of contact for visitors and employees at our San Francisco office.
We are looking for a dependable team player who has strong communicative skills and an upbeat can-do personality. This role will report directly to our Office Manager, and is a great fit for anyone who wants to dive right into office operations.
In order to be successful at Synapse, you should:
- Greet and direct visitors and clients - ensure they are given the warmest welcoming on behalf of Synapse
- Assist with shipping, receiving packages, and other forms of mail delivery
- Perform office duties such as ordering office supplies and daily walk arounds to ensure day-to-day operations are running smoothly (cleanliness of all work areas, answering general office questions, tracking facility repairs, desk/furniture moves, etc.)
- Assist with facilities requests from team members: repairs, maintenance, janitorial, and furniture.
- Assist with new hire on-boarding: setting up laptops, requesting access cards, etc.
- Identify and implement improvements to scale office operations and office space for a quickly growing company.
- Assist in creating, planning, and coordinating occasional on-site or off-site events for company members, including event setup and breakdown
- Have a basic understanding of audio visual/IT systems (TVs, printers, monitors, etc.) and be able to collaborate with internal and/or external vendors to resolve technical issues
- Support general calendar management and meeting setup.
- Track and manage office inventory.
- Setup and breakdown of Breakfast
- Setup, maintenance and breakdown of Lunch
- Oversee coffee/tea bars, snack areas and drink fridges across two floors (restocking, organizing, cleaning)
- Assist in other administrative and office operational tasks as needed.
- 2+ years experience in an office or administrative capacity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Friendly and reliable: willingness to wear multiple hats and help out where needed as part of a fast-paced, high-growth work environment.
- Experience with Mac products and Google Suite; comfortable learning new technology (experience with Slack is a plus)
- Passionate about creating a great employee and customer service experience
- Must be able to carry 50+ lbs
- Stamina, must be able to stand for most of the day
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.