Provide support services on behalf of Synapticure to the ALS community across the US. You will be part of a team that provides support services to patients, caregivers and loved ones affected by ALS, in order to drive real, measurable change in how people affected by ALS are treated.
Additionally, in the early stages of the company development, you will lead the development and execution of workflows, technology implementation and other documentation and plans to support the operational growth of an early stage company.
Synapticure is a for-profit entity that aims to give all ALS patients access to the best care while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments for every type of ALS. We do so by creating a guided journey for each patient, their caregiver and family that educates and empowers while facilitating access to critical tests and leading experts. De-identified data is then used to both inform personalized treatments for patients today and to speed the development of new targeted therapies for each variant of ALS.
To serve thousands of individuals and their families diagnosed with ALS per year, Synapticure requires effective, knowledgeable and compassionate team members as well as competent, adaptable and forward-thinking individuals to execute on a new and exciting endeavor in the ALS community.
You are passionate about improving patient satisfaction and outcomes. You’re comfortable representing the company in communication with Medical office’s, patients and caregivers. You are thoughtful, organized, curious and empathetic; kind and sincere. You love the ability to impact someone’s life. You are eager to be involved in a program from inception and are comfortable with growth, change and evolution to meet the needs of the ALS community. You are comfortable and confident with technology.
The Medical Assistant oversees medical record retrieval, creation of summary files based on those records (which require a basic understanding of medical language and extremely clear documentation) and completing paperwork to provide referrals to ALS specialists.
- Adhering to HIPAA guidelines and standards, provides advocacy support on behalf of patients and families with clinical providers, billing and insurance companies, and other partners in the care team as needed.
- Maintains accountability to ensure high quality standards in client and partner interactions ensuring the highest levels of privacy and confidentiality.
- Follows standardized processes including operating procedures, quality assurance and documentation, in order to create high levels of efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Maintains positive and effective relationships within the multidisciplinary Care Coordination and broader Synapticure team to ensure a streamlined and supportive experience for patients.
- Collaborates with internal teams to ensure appropriate representation of Synapticure to external audiences.
- Nurtures and maintains positive and effective relationships with medical and community partners.
- Speaks expertly internally and externally about the program and company.
- 2+ years experience as a Medical Assistant or similar role.
- Experience handling and reviewing medical records.
- Experience in a startup or organization that has experienced rapid growth and change.
- Experience in coordinating and managing referrals.
- Exceptional communication skills.
This position is remote and work would be based in your home. The necessary technology would be provided to work out of your home.
Salary and Benefits:
Position is full time/exempt with competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance offering. Salary range for this role is competitive depending on the candidate’s level of experience.