Care Team /
As part of a team at Synapticure, your role will involve providing support services to patients, caregivers, and loved ones affected by neurodegenerative diseases across the United States. The aim is to bring about real and measurable change in how people are affected by these diseases. In addition, during the early stages of company development, you will be leading the development and execution of workflows, technology implementation, and other documentation and plans to support the growth of the company.
Synapticure is a for-profit organization that strives to provide access to the best care for all neurodegenerative patients while also advancing personalized treatments. This is achieved by creating a guided journey for each patient, as well as their caregivers and families, which educates and empowers them while facilitating access to critical tests and leading experts.
Synapticure requires competent, adaptable, and compassionate individuals to execute an exciting endeavor in neurodegenerative disease.
You have a strong passion for improving patient satisfaction and outcomes. You feel confident representing the company in communications with medical offices, patients, and caregivers. You possess qualities such as thoughtfulness, organization, curiosity, empathy, kindness, and sincerity. You cherish the opportunity to make a positive impact on someone's life. You are very interested in being involved in a program from its inception and are comfortable with growth, change, and evolution to meet the needs of the neurodegenerative community. Additionally, you possess a good level of comfort and confidence in working with technology.
- Medical Record Retrieval and Submission
- Prepare patients for Telehealth encounters (assessing video readiness)
- Referral to Specialist
- Prepare Clinical Documentation for the provider as requested
- Transfer information to EHR
- Medication Reconciliation Help
- Care Coordinator with patient needs as applicable
- Completing assigned tasks
- Communication with other healthcare team members
- Patient Follow up/Complete patient charts
- Arranging lab test or imaging studies
- Prescription Refills
- Schedule Management
- Reliably troubleshoot equipment and connectivity issues
- Adhering to HIPAA guidelines and standards, provides advocacy support on behalf of patients and families with clinical providers, billing and insurance companies, and other partners in the care team as needed.
- Maintains accountability to ensure high quality standards in client and partner interactions ensuring the highest levels of privacy and confidentiality.
- Follows standardized processes including operating procedures, quality assurance and documentation, in order to create high levels of efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Maintains positive and effective relationships within the multidisciplinary Care Coordination and broader Synapticure team to ensure a streamlined and supportive experience for patients.
- Collaborates with internal teams to ensure appropriate representation of Synapticure to external audiences.
- Nurtures and maintains positive and effective relationships with medical and community partners.
- Speaks expertly internally and externally about the program and company.
- Active Medical Assistant Certification
- 2+ years experience as a Medical Assistant
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience handling and reviewing medical records.
- Experience in a startup or organization that has experienced rapid growth and change.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of attention to detail and reliable decision making.
- Neurology experience a plus
This position is remote and work would be based in your home. The necessary technology would be provided to work out of your home.