Remote Psychiatrist - Neurodegenerative Disease Specialist
United States /
Part or Full Time
Synapticure is a for-profit entity that aims to give neurodegenerative patients access to the best care while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments. We do so by creating a guided journey for each patient, their caregiver and family that educates and empowers while facilitating access to critical tests and leading experts. De-identified data is then used to both inform personalized treatments for patients today and to speed the development of new targeted therapies. To serve thousands of individuals and their families, Synapticure requires effective, knowledgeable and compassionate team members as well as competent, adaptable and forward-thinking individuals to execute on a new and exciting endeavor. We focus on building longitudinal relationships with the patients and families that we serve.
We are currently seeking an experienced Psychiatrist to provide remote care to patients with neurodegenerative disease, as well as their family members and caregivers. The ideal candidate will have a background in Neuropsychiatry or Geriatric Psychiatry, and a passion for helping patients with neurodegenerative disease. You will work as part of a clinical team including Specialty trained neurologists, Nurses, LCWs, and MAs. Experience with Telepsychiatry is preferred.
- Conduct thorough psychiatric evaluations and assessments of patients with neurodegenerative disease, including a review of their medical history, current symptoms, and treatment options.
- Work as part of a remote team in a virtual setting.
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans tailored to the individual needs of each patient, with a focus on addressing their psychiatric symptoms and improving their quality of life.
- Provide ongoing psychiatric care, including medication management and psychotherapy, to patients with neurodegenerative disease via telemedicine.
- Work collaboratively with other healthcare providers and caregivers to coordinate care and ensure a comprehensive treatment approach.
- Help patients and their families cope with the progression of neurodegenerative diseases and provide support and resources to help them through the associated challenges.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records in our electronic health record in accordance with legal and ethical standards.
- Medical degree from an accredited institution
- Board certification in Psychiatry
- Valid medical license in the state of practice
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with patients with neurodegenerative disease, and their family members and caregivers
- Experience in Neuropsychiatry or Geriatric Psychiatry is preferredExperience with Telepsychiatry is preferred
- Strong clinical skills and the ability to develop effective treatment plans for patients with complex psychiatric needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other healthcare providers and caregivers
- Compassionate and empathetic, with a commitment to providing high-quality care to patients and their families.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience in treating patients with neurodegenerative disease via telemedicine. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits for full-time employees, as well as flexible scheduling options for part-time and independent contractor positions.