Clinical Data Product Manager
Product and Technology /
Synapticure is a for-profit entity that aims to give neurodegenerative patients access to the best care while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments. We do so by creating a guided journey for each patient, their caregiver and family that educates and empowers while facilitating access to critical tests and leading experts. De-identified data is then used to both inform personalized treatments for patients today and to speed the development of new targeted therapies. To serve thousands of individuals and their families, Synapticure requires effective, knowledgeable and compassionate team members as well as competent, adaptable and forward-thinking individuals to execute on a new and exciting endeavor. We focus on building longitudinal relationships with the patients and families that we serve.
We’d love for you to join us.
As a Clinical Data PM, you will be a key contributor to our data and product teams. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to be the subject matter expert and product leader for the foundation that forms the launch pad for all of our products and solutions.
You will help lead the vision, strategy and roadmap for this data platform. You will be involved in every stage of the product development lifecycle, working closely with leadership, clinical subject matter experts, other product managers, and the development team to build and maintain this data platform. You will be responsible for researching, developing, and evolving components of the platform and expanding it to additional use cases.
- Responsible for alignment of the data roadmap and execution plan with the overall data, and strategy based on business and product goals.
- Collaborate with commercial, medical, and engineering on the rollout of data platform and metrics for evaluating its success.
- Manage and lead the development and delivery of data platform by a cross-functional team of engineers, data architects, analysts, data scientists, designers, and clinicians
- Maintain end user facing data usage documentation like data dictionaries, vocabularies, licensing and de identification certifications
- Define MVP data element list and incremental variable additions/updates over time in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
- Produce and maintain data product management assets like capability decks, externally facing data platform architecture, marketecture, data flow diagrams, data quality scorecard, externally facing data roadmap, etc.
- Create detailed road maps, prioritize relentlessly, and manage trade-offs across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Understand and account for business constraints from finance, information security, legal, and commercial to ensure that our products are viable and compliant.
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of data product development by engaging with stakeholders and gathering continuous feedback
- Communicate and evangelize the value of a platform for technology-enabled expertise to the business stakeholders
- 5+ years of product management experience, as a product owner or product manager for a healthcare data product, preferably in a regulated environment
- Exposure and/or experience in clinical research or real world data products
- Deep knowledge of regulatory requirements for prospective and translational/retrospective clinical research (FDA RWD framework, CDISC, 21 CFR Part 11, GCP) and HIPAA.
- Understanding of Drug Development Lifecycle, RWD studies across Medical Affairs and HEOR and Clinical Operations processes related to human subjects research
- Experience in product development, user research and design methodology for complex enterprise products.
- Ability to run analytics and SQL queries to answer basic questions, visualize data and output basic descriptive statistics
- Deep understanding of healthcare data workflows and governance.
- Deep understanding of big data platform architecture, data modeling, normalization, & transformation
- Experience writing functional and technical specifications for data platform and technical products
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and data intuition: ability to use data and metrics to evaluate decisions, provide insights and drive action.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to collaborate with subject matter experts.
- Deep empathy for the target customer - internal or external data scientist, visualizer, quantitative scientist. Ability to translate their use cases into product requirements to ensure that our products are valuable.
- Conscientiousness around and understanding of how to manage releases, mitigate impact of changes, evaluate build vs. buy decisions.
Nice to have
- Experience working with distributed and remote teams.
- Early to mid stage, high growth startup experience.
- Experience with Real World or Observational data sets like; OMOP, FDA Sentinel, PCORnet and i2b2.
- Experience using and experimenting with different data delivery and access platforms and tools (e.g., Databricks, SFTP, APIs).
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and tools like JIRA and Trello.
Competitive salary and vacation
Generous health, dental, vision, and parental-leave policies
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you're excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Synapticure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
If you require accommodation please contact our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.