Head of Telemedicine Operations
Synapticure aims to provide neurodegenerative patients, starting with ALS, access to the best care while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments for every type of ALS. We. do so by providing end-to-end clinical care using our telemedicine platform to guide patients through their entire care journey. We are devoted to helping patients, from guidance on care and insurance to providing the full spectrum of investigational and clinical testing to improve outcomes. Synapticure was built by leading patient and caregiver advocates alongside leading ALS clinicians, biotech executives and telemedicine executives to bring the ALS care and treatment experience into the 21st century, and is backed by the leading Venture funds and Angel investors in the remote health and life sciences space.
As is the mission of Synapticure, this individual will be asked to reshape care delivery for all neurodegenerative disease patients, starting in ALS where we have already established relationships and care coordination paradigm. The Head of Telemedicine Operations will carry the strategic and operational ownership of the design, implementation and growth of Synapticure’s telemedicine platform designed to streamline the provider and patient experience for ALS patients. This role will serve as a key leadership team member in an early-stage Health Technology company with the goal of using data, technology and innovation to disrupt the way neurological disease is treated.
- Build a telehealth operation that includes both remote patient care / monitoring, expanding partnerships with leading CoEs, and delivering revenue strategy(ies) to maximize company potential and patient access.
- Lead the design of and development of solutions to help streamline the provider and patient experience through Synapticure’s telemedicine platform.
- Translate organizational goals into efficient operational plans leading to the ability to deliver enhanced medical care to ALS patients and execute on those plans.
- Oversee our provider community, engaging in dialogue and using good judgment to balance provider, patient, and business priorities.
- Negotiate in-network contracts or partnership agreements with leading CoEs to expand basket of patients while reducing cost burden to partners.
- Drive ongoing provider learning and development on Synapticure systems, tools and processes.
- Own the success of the patient experience, engaging directly in escalated matters where appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally as a key member of the leadership team.
- Lead team projects that support the development of the provider community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of work experience in telemedicine or healthcare services.
- 3+ years of experience leading direct service teams in a distributed environment.
- Experience with health insurance and hospital contracting
- Comfort with both clinical and research partnerships.
- Experience launching telehealth operations and familiarity with state laws governing the remote practice of medicine.
- Experience with the venture capital community.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you're excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Synapticure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.