Director, Payer/Provider Business Development
Synapticure launched in 2022 to serve individuals living with ALS, and we continue to expand our care for additional neurodegenerative diseases including Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementias. Remote by design, we are backed by Google Ventures, Optum Ventures and other leading healthcare investors.
Synapticure aims to provide individuals living with neurodegenerative disease and their families access to the best care, while fueling the advancement of personalized treatments. Our care teams create a guided journey for each patient that educates and empowers, while relentlessly working to obtain access to critical tests, clinical trials, and expert providers. Synapticure’s team of neurologists, behavioral health providers, and care coordinators serve patients in all 50 states and DC.
Over the next year we’ll be growing quickly to serve thousands of individuals and their families; to achieve this, we require optimistic, knowledgeable, and compassionate team members who are eager to build a new standard of care for individuals living with neurodegenerative diseases.
About the Role
The Director, Payer Business Development will be a core member of Synapticure’s operating leadership. You will be responsible for managing current payer relationships, building new payer relationships (both FFS and VBC), and supporting claims and finance as needed.
- Manage current payer relationships and negotiate new fee-for-service contracts and partnerships, focused on national commercial contracts and Medicare Advantage plans
- Design and implement exploratory value-based care programs with existing and/or new payer partners
- Deliver partnerships with risk bearing ACO and health system networks, including coordination around new CMMI GUIDE programmatic offerings and payment structures
- Partner with primary care networks to assist in rapid diagnosis and care for patients with neurodegenerative disease
- Support claims analytics and finance groups in developing perspectives on TCOC and cost avoidance for partner payers and risk bearing organizations
- Support strategic development and the implementation of core service lines in conjunction with product and medical services
- The ideal candidate is knowledgeable of the payer contracting space and has a proven track record of building strategic relationships and driving growth, establishing credibility, and creating real business value.
- The candidate will have at least 4 years of health plan experience and a proven track record of relationship building, collaboration and thought leadership solutioning with Health Plan clinical thought leaders.
- The candidate must be creative, dynamic, assertive and above all have demonstrated the ability to drive growth in new and existing markets.
- A sales strategy guru with a passion for innovating and delivering partnerships in healthcare for those living with neurodegenerative disease. Your expertise includes a wide range of go-to-market skills, including: customer economics and segmentation, growth strategy, market analysis, sales effectiveness, channel program design, sales talent and coverage, sales forecasting & planning, and sales analytics.
- You consider yourself an expert at establishing and nurturing client relationships and are equally capable of applying those interpersonal skills to develop and maximize the talents of your team members. These skills enable you to deliver on a wide range of engagements that help your clients set and achieve their strategic and operational objectives.
$100,000 - $150,000 a year
Additional large bonuses achievable based on meeting or exceeding sales / BD targets
-Opportunity for fast growth and development
-Work daily with executive leadership to build the company
-Remote by design, with flexible schedules
-401(k) plan with day 1 match
-Equity in the form of stock options
-Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family
-Life insurance and Disability
-Remote Work stipend