Field Application Scientist - London
West London /
Permanent - Full Time
We're looking for someone to join our Customer Success team as a Field Applications Scientist. This role would suit you if you have experience working in research, and understand the pain points that could be alleviated by applying automation to laboratory processes.
We have created a pioneering software platform - Antha - that integrates a variety of lab equipment and makes lab automation easy. Our visual, no-code interface allows lab teams to design and carry out sophisticated automation workflows for both lab hardware and data pipelines.
Antha enables dramatically increased automation flexibility and complexity of experimental design, full experimental traceability, and highly structured data-sets with rich metadata to transform how science is done.
Our clients already include the likes of Microsoft, Oxford Biomedica, Ipsen, Merck and GSK, and we have ambitious plans to grow our customer base this year.
What you'll do
As a part of the Customer Success team you'll be working to support our clients with their adoption and use of automated experimentation through our software, Antha.
Because you will be engaging with our clients it's important that you have an understanding of their lab work and the particular bottlenecks that can be alleviated by automation and digitisation.
You will need to be able to regularly commute to our lab in West London, although this isn't necessarily required everyday. Travel to client sites - including international travel to the US or other locations - is also likely to be involved when this becomes practical again.
Role & responsibilities:
- Support our existing customers by providing them with expert knowledge of our software Antha and how it applies to their experiments
- Scope and implement Antha for new client lab projects by understanding the clients needs and how they can be achieved through our platform
- Help create training materials for onboarding and upskilling our clients with their experiments
- Provide feedback to our product team to support product and platform development
- Monitor client health and provide feedback to the Customer Success team
- Work with our Customer Success team to help develop procedures, create/support new initiatives and manage the overall client population
Your skills & experience:
- MSc/MRes in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry or similar
- 3 years of experience working in a research lab setting in the biotech/pharma sector
- An ability to communicate science and complex technical knowledge to a wide range of backgrounds and levels (software engineers right through to executive level)
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, R&D)
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage concurring projects at different levels and depths
Bonus points (but don't worry if you don't have these):
- Lab Automation experience
- Experience of software implementation
- Experience in an external client facing position
- Coding skills
- Experience in project management
Why work at Synthace?
- Help us accelerate life sciences R&D
- Work with genuinely extraordinary people
- Inspiring, friendly and inclusive culture
- Challenging, groundbreaking and exciting work
Salary: £40-50k depending on experience
Benefits: 10% pension, equity in the company, private medical, etc. (list of other benefits available on our careers site)
Location: West London (remote at the moment due to Covid)
Our diversity gives us strength. We value the wealth of knowledge, different perspectives and insights that come from having a truly diverse group of amazing colleagues, and an important part of the way we work is based around sharing knowledge with each other.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.