Research Associate - Pre Clinical
Redwood City, CA
As a leader in gene editing platform automation, Synthego’s goal is to develop safe and efficacious therapeutic products at affordable costs for patients.
Research Assistant - Pre-clinical will be trained to provide technical support to the senior scientist on a defined project from conception to proof-of-concept in vitro and in vivo.
What You'll Do
- Process leukopacks and bone marrow to isolate primary cell culture (ie - stem cells and T cells) depending on the project
- Maintain and expand primary cells
- Test conditions to optimize gene editing of specific cell type
- Vector cloning and various molecular biology assays as needed
- Viral production
- Assist in tissue processing and analyses
- BS in biological sciences
- Minimum 1 year experience in a biological lab
- Experience with primary mammalian cell sterile culture, a plus
- “Can do” and “Do now” attitude, a must
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at an early stage company
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- 4x daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco (more locations to come)
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Free catered lunches and dinners
Synthego’s vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.