Redwood City, California
Synthego’s Screening Development team performs science-at-scale by applying their expertise and skill sets to drive research and business development. To accomplish this, we combine project management, automation, and emerging research tools to solve problems that no one discipline could tackle alone.
We are currently searching for a Research Associate to be a key contributor for the Screening Development and Research groups. Synthego performs science-at-scale by applying their expertise and skill sets to drive research and business development. To accomplish this, we combine project management, automation, and emerging research tools to solve problems that no one discipline could tackle alone.
The Research Associate will pair their scientific skill sets with laboratory and process intuition to figure out new and better ways of performing our work. Our team runs large, automated research campaigns for key customers and internal clients. We are building a new business function at Synthego and you can be a part of it.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will work cross-functionally with Synthego’s Research and Development teams to coordinate and execute gene-editing experiments in mammalian and primary cell lines. This exciting and challenging role involves working both independently and collaboratively to define and further develop applications and assays for Synthego’s portfolio of gene-editing tools.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary group to help execute large research campaigns on cutting-edge, and sometimes custom-built instrumentation.
- Ensure the continuity of these critical projects over a multi-week timespan.
- Work with mammalian cells.
- Work with DNA and RNA, perform molecular biology analysis including Sanger and next generation sequencing.
- Work closely with scientists and engineers to figure out how to make instruments and robots do great science.
- Value being part of a highly diverse team.
- Learn a lot of science and develop many new skill sets; you must like to learn
- BS degree (with 2+ years job experience) or a MS degree in a life science discipline
- Experience working with immortalized cell lines
- Excellent sterile technique
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and thrive under fast-paced startup environment
Nice to Have
- Work experiences with transfection and/or genetic engineering/CRISPR experience,
- Experience with LIMS or computational biology and other software partners
- Able to code with Python
- Experience working in a biotech or other fast-paced environment.
Synthego’s vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.