Account Specialist - Boston
Boston, Massachusetts /
Commercial – Sales /
Synthego is looking for an Account Specialist (AS) to join our sales team. The Account Specialist owns the sales prospecting and new business revenue goal for their territory. This includes both academic and some commercial accounts as assigned. The account specialist will work closely with the other members in their territory to maximize the revenue potential.
The Account Specialist must have a solid scientific background in order to establish credibility with target customers, strong writing and communication skills, but also have a focus on enabling sales. We’re looking for a detail oriented, smart and energetic person who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Up to 10% travel may be required.
What You'll Do
- Drive revenue and cultivate relationships with academic and commercial accounts
- Focus on new business and revenue growth
- Own, drive and close the entire sales cycle end-to-end. Coordinate across the team and other departments to obtain technical and business support as needed to help develop and close the deal.
- Identify and manage client profiles critical to closing a deal – influencers (Coaches), budget owner (Economic Buyer), decision makers (User Buyers), Procurement (Technical Buyers), etc.
- Identify relevant companies and contacts within potential new high value accounts, and new contacts in existing high value accounts
- Develop and deliver effective, application focused Buyer Focused Prospecting (BFP) sequences
- Outreach by phone, email and social media to contacts in outbound prospecting lists as well as newly identified sales qualified leads (SQL’s) and in person meetings.
- Effective communication of Synthego’s value proposition in each technical vertical and customer segment
- Tracking of KPI’s and key metrics
- Daily CRM updates to capture and track all sales related activities
- 2 + years of technical laboratory experience, core facility experience, or experience in a commercial setting, in molecular/cell biology strongly preferred
- Technical degree in molecular/cell biology or related field. BS required MS/Ph.D. is a plus
- Strong sales-oriented focus 2+ years in a commercial or customer-facing sales role
- Strong technical knowledge in molecular/cell biology, CRISPR knowledge preferred
- Articulate communication skills - English language. Multilingual language skills a plus
- Excellent customer relations management skills - highly customer focused
- Strong work ethic - motivated by aggressive goals
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at a rapid growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
Beginning January 4, 2022, Synthego requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires will be given a grace period of eight (8) weeks to comply with this mandate. This requirement is a condition of employment at Synthego, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Synthego site or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability, a medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.