Senior Product Growth Manager - CRISPR
Redwood City, CA
Synthego is looking for a Senior Growth Product Manager to support product development, technical content development, messaging, sales enablement and understanding customer workflows. An ideal candidate is an analytical person who has great attention to detail and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The role will manage our CRISPR-mediated products and will report to the Director of Product Growth. They will be responsible for leading the execution of new products, ensuring that they are priced, positioned, placed and promoted appropriately, and arrive at the data by considering numerous factors such as intended customers, their workflow, their problems, how our products service their needs, competitive products, and how well the product fits with the company's business model. The Product Growth Manager also ensures an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration between all the members of the team, all in the interest of driving the product forward.
What You'll Do
- Lead the GMP CRISPR Product program including product description and messaging, customer communication, operational advisory, order management, and customer support as this product portfolio evolves.
- Support the execution and monitoring of market and product strategies for regulated CRISPR products by engaging market and customer research; work with technology teams to bring products through development to market.
- Ensures that they understand customer workflow, including current challenges, competition, and needed solutions for current and future customers
- Assemble scientific data and write technical case studies, white papers, scientific posters, and technical presentations for industry conferences, in partnership with R&D and content manager
- Partners with Marketing to develop key sales collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for products.
- Develops comprehensive marketing collateral based on emerging market trends, including design and execution of messaging, promotional materials, sales tools, and proof sources
- Implements and maintains "best practices" in brand marketing and product development marketing
- Be insanely passionate about data and metrics. Analyze market dynamics and product demand to inform next-step decision making.
- MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences
- 3+ years product management or technical product marketing experience in a life science or drug discovery company
- Experience in managing products sold into a regulated industry Experience managing products manufactured in a highly regulated environment such as GMP
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a dynamic environment with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and experience presenting to large high level audiences
- Self-driven problem-solver, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Work well as part of a team including work to build consensus with peers and management
Nice to Haves
- Ph. D. in the Biological sciences or MBA with an emphasis on marketing is a plus.
- Hands on experience with CRISPR or genome engineering products
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at an early stage company
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- 4x daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco (more locations to come)
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Free catered lunches and dinners
Synthego’s vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.