Generalist software engineer
San Francisco, Seattle, or Remote /
You will be working across the stack, from the front-end to our program synthesis backend. You will sit in on the UX/UI studies and take in the recommendations, and work with both the frontend and backend teams to operationalize them. You should be comfortable taking a leadership position in end-to-end features that will make a meaningful impact towards increasing the usability of our product.
We are building techniques that auto-generate software, for specific verticals, using very little input. The tech is called program synthesis. We are currently in stealth-mode applying program synthesis to an enterprise use case.
We are well-funded with a 2+ year runway, and a few months away from an alpha release.
In Oct 2018, we raised a $5.6M seed round from Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures and Pantera Capital. (Note that we are not working on smart contracts anymore.) This is the founder’s 2nd YC startup and they have a PhD in the domain, and have written the most influential paper of the last decade on this topic. Other team members include an ex-Googler with 10 yrs experience (also the first hire at Parse, YC S11), an exceptional Tufts CS major, a UCB PhD, and a UW PhD.
We are working on program synthesis. Our tech stack involves work with automated theorem proving (using the Z3 solver) and cutting-edge programming languages/compilers technology. The front-end does a good job of hiding the details of the hard-tech to make it accessible to enterprise customers. Most of the backend is in Python. The frontend is built in React, GraphQL, Django and related technologies.
Compensation and Benefits
We value our team, and we value diversity. We're a small knit group with less than 10 employees, and we funded with a good runway. Our compensation plan is designed to reward our employees and support their families as much as possible, for a company at our stage. We have:
• Excellent benefits. We provide the best medical, dental, and vision insurance available covering 95% for you and 50% for your dependents.
• Excellent compensation package for salary and equity. We will put together the right package based on your profile and your needs.
• Choose your work style. (a) We have been WFH and work very effectively remotely. (b) We have an open vacation policy. Take what you need to recharge. Everybody is required to take a two week minimum. (c) Paid parental leave.
• Excellent work setup. We provide an ergonomic work setup for you to be as productive as possible.
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science (required).
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering position (required).
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and the ability to apply that knowledge.
- Experience with Python, Django, Amazon Web Services (AWS), C++
- Adept at writing maintainable, modular, secure, and well-tested code.
- Familiar with good developer practices (CI/CD, code review, unit-testing, etc.).
- Substantial experience with Python 3.
- Desire to learn about areas such as programming by example, compilers, automated theorem provers, code analysis, and program synthesis.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Solid communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a distributed team.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with AWS, C++, Z3, and Django a plus.