Wireless Network Software Verification Engineer
Kanata, ON /
Software – Software Test & Verification /
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
• Highly motivated and dynamic professionals
• Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
• Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
- You will be an integral contributor to a team responsible for cross-functional feature testing of baseband products at a major telecom solutions provider.
- You will be responsible to:
- Work collaboratively with software designers on development testing, collect debugging information, reproduce software faults, perform root cause analysis
- Plan and debug LTE/5G lab setups
- Design and perform legacy quality assurance and feature interaction test cases
- Document test plans and test results
- Implement test automation
What you need to get the job done
- Experience in LTE/5G wireless network technologies and end-to-end feature testing involving e/gNodeB and User Equipment: functional, performance, robustness, capacity and complex feature interaction testing
- Knowledge in 3GPP standards for the physical layer, signalling layer and protocol layer
- Strong understanding of wireless network KPIs such as throughput, CINR/SNR, CBRA, ERAB, mobility, latency, etc.
- Good understanding of core network architecture, TCP/IP inter-networking and RF fundamentals
- Experience in Test Automation, Programming (Java or Python) and Scripting (Perl, Shell scripts, etc.)
- Exposure to UE simulators and wireless network analyzers, such as VIAVI E500, Qualcomm QXDM, Sanjole Wavejudge, Propsim fading channel emulator
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or another corresponding field
What will make us REALLY love you
- You have a friendly willingness to collaborate and play nice with others
- We can see that you have a love for project-based work and staying at the top of your technical game
- Real-world examples of demonstrated technical leadership
What you’ll love about us
• Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
• Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
• Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
• Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
About Syntronic Canada
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing, and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.