Senior FPGA Designer/Verification
Kanata, ON /
Hardware – Firmware Design /
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
• Highly motivated and dynamic professionals
• Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
• Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
You will be an integral contributor to a team responsible for the development of FPGA designs for 5G radio design.
You will be responsible for
- Delivering complete FPGA design solutions
- Requirements definition, RTL coding, simulation, verification, and integration of the FPGA into larger systems
- Collaborating with development teams from other functional areas
- Design and Verification Documentation
What you'll need to get the job done
- Participate in test case creation and documentation.
- Help create a verification environment using OVM/UVM and Assertion Based Verification.
- Execution and tracking of FPGA verification test plans.
- Working with RTL designers to identify functional and coverage goals for block and system-level designs
- Working with RTL designers to create block and system-level test cases to cover system requirements
- Developing scalable regression model for block and system validation
- Creating verification planning and execution documents for block and system-level designs
- Developing scalable verification automation environment in Git using script languages like Python/Tcl/ Bash/ Perl
- Analysis of up-to-date 5G specs for physical layer procedures and digital signal processing
- 10-15 years of experience with FPGA design
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
What will make us REALLY love you
- Working knowledge in System Verilog, OVM/UVM, Verilog, and scripting languages (TCL, Bash, Python, Perl).
- Experience in verifying functional blocks in FPGA/ASIC in the 4G and 5G space.
- Familiarity with the ORAN infrastructure is a significant asset.
- Knowledge of commercial FPGA solutions for 5G Radio Unit development
- Experience using Matlab for Mathematical analysis
- Proficient in System Verilog, UVM environment, and assertion-based verification for IP validation
- Experience with protocol compliance verification, functional coverage analysis, and code coverage analysis
- Experience with functional verification of digital signal processing centric blocks and control centric blocks
- Excellent communication skills to solve technical issues in a diversified team environment
- Excellent writing skills to create high-quality technical documentation
What you’ll love about us
• Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
• Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
• Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
• Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
About Syntronic Canada
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing, and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.