Business Development Manager
Toronto, ON /
Corporate – Roles /
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
• An energetic, enthusiastic team player who takes pride in their work
• Someone looking to be part of a fast growing and dynamic global organization
• An eager, goal-oriented professional who is excited to continue growing and developing themselves
Are you a Business Development Manager who’s got what it takes to develop new business in a high tech and stimulating environment? An exciting career awaits you at Syntronic, a global engineering design house! Our team of world-class professionals design cutting edge software & hardware for product applications in many market spaces including Telecom, IoT, Automotive, MedTech, Industrial and Consumer. From solutions that incorporate 5G, networking, UI/UX, robotics, AI / ML, safety, and reliability we work with our customers to ensure products meet their market requirements and stringent quality standards.
As a Key Sales / Business Development Manager for the Greater Montreal Area your main responsibilities will include growing existing accounts and developing new customer engagements in accordance with Syntronic core capability offerings of engineering services in different technology market areas such as Telecom, Automotive, Consumer, Industrial, MedTech and more.
What you will do
- Manage and grow existing customer accounts in the GTA
- Proactively research and develop new business / engage new customers in relevant market areas in the GTA
- Generate interest in Syntronic in and around the GTA and open new customer engagements.
- Sell and present Syntronic capabilities and value add to customers
- Work with internal engineering teams to support customer requests and develop compelling proposals.
- Develop (with engineering) and present clear and effective written proposals and quotations to customers
- Develop long term relationships with strategic customers
- Organize client meetings and ensure that clients’ objectives, problems, and needs are fully understood
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinate with internal engineering teams and business development, as needed to provide customer support and respond to customer requests
- Participate in trade shows and conventions to look help determine market/ customer needs
- Field inbound calls and/or leads.
- Travel when needed
What you'll need to get the job done
- Bachelor´s or Master’s Degree or equivalent education.
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience is a must.
- Experience selling either software or hardware engineering services in one or more market areas: Telecom, Automotive, Industrial, Consumer, MedTech, Connected Devices, IoT.
- Experience in different business engagement models is a plus (i.e. project based, resource based, time based etc..)
- Background and knowledge of design services and sales of engineering services is a plus
- Proven sales track record of engaging new customers and growing existing customers in a high paced environment.
- Resourceful, aptitude for problem-solving, ability to determine solutions for customers
- Results-orientated and able to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Fluency in English required, fluency in French is an asset
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate product and service offerings, capabilities, and business value including creating customer presentations.
- Ability to service multiple customer requests at a given time
- Ability to prepare proposals with Engineering in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying degrees of scope simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and CRM tools / software.
- Valid driver’s license and car
- High standards of ethical conduct
- Ability to travel within the GTA during work week.
What you’ll love about us:
• Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
• Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
• Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
• Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
About Syntronic Canada:
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing, and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.