Senior Software DevOps Engineer
Kanata, ON /
Software – Software Development /
Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
• Highly motivated and dynamic professionals
• Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
• Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do:
- You will be an integral contributor to a cross functional team responsible for developing and maintaining the automated build and delivery environment including frameworks and tools of baseband products at a major telecom solutions provider.
- You will be responsible to:
- Setup Automation loops to build and test latest Software
- Design and integrate CI/CD pipelines
- Track build and delivery failure issues
- Administer different test loops covering unit, integration, and function testing
- Collaborate on and implement architecture recommendations to application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, and performance tuning
- Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations related to build and configuration system
What you need to get the job done
- Experience in using Linux or Unix, with ability to program or script in BASH, Python, Groovy
- In-depth knowledge of Makefiles, GNU Autotools and the build process of C/C++ applications
- Experience of software reuse, modular software, software build optimizations, and ability to compile and link libraries
- Expertise in setting up CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins GitHub and/or Coverity in a development environment
- Experience in setting up and configuring container systems using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in source-code management tools like Git/GitHub
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- More than 4 years of working experience from automation of large build and delivery systems
- More than 2 years of experience in software development and build management
- The motivation to learn and constantly improve processes and tools
What will make us REALLY love you
- Familiarity with the wireless network protocols like LTE/5G
- Willing to broaden your competence and get a deeper understanding of build and delivery environment you work with
- Have a friendly willingness to collaborate with others
What you’ll love about us
• Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
• Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
• Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
• Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
About Syntronic Canada
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing, and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.