Head of Product Marketing
San Francisco /
Syntropy is seeking a Head of Product Marketing to help craft product narratives and external messaging, drive product engagement, and support go-to-market efforts. In this cross-functional role, you’ll be part of the Marketing department and partner directly with the Product Development and the Sales teams to launch solutions with features and functionality that resonate with our developer community and customer base. If you have a proven track record of working on developer-focussed products and technology, creating compelling value propositions, strong messaging, and engaging content for the buyer’s journey we’d love to meet you.
We're remote-first, so you can be based anywhere in the US or within aligned timezones.
- Collaborate with product development and marketing to develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging that resonates with our developer community and target buyers.
- Market intelligence. Be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Understand and document our buyer's process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when, and why behind the decisions they make. Then collaborate internally to drive changes to our processes based on what you learn.
- Understand the competitive landscape, be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned and priced.
- Create collateral and content that help drive sales opportunities with prospective customer base. Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and content creation (white papers, product briefs, technology write-ups) that support the buyer’s journey.
- Support the development of a marketing plan including appropriate channels, and key activities to support the acquisition and retention of developers and customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan product launches and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the products and problems we solve for our customers; develop internal tools and teach them how and when to use them.
- Define and report on the impact and measurement of product marketing initiatives.
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience in the B2B networking technology sector with a focus on developer or platform marketing.
- Outstanding communication skills and extraordinary writing ability to craft impactful content.
- Deep experience creating messaging and engaging content that translates product scenarios that are aligned to customer needs.
- Strong executive communication, storytelling skills, and the ability to translate complex ideas into simple customer stories.
- Proven track record of successfully launching products.
- Strong ability to drive and coordinate efforts across teams.
- Strong ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t – working with product programs.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous problems and break them down into well-scoped solutions.
- Willingness to flex between strategic and tactical/execution responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree expected, MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the Blockchain/Crypto space would be beneficial but not essential.
- An innovative and attractive compensation structure (salary + company-issued cryptocurrency tokens as bonus).
- Professional & personal development budget worth $2000 annually.
- Flexible working hours.
- A possibility to grow into different roles with higher levels of responsibility.
- The opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and ambitious start-up team at an exciting time of growth.
We embrace diverse applications. Apply today!