UI Visual Designer
System1 is looking for a UI visual designer with a passion for beautiful, functional and intuitive designs for web and mobile apps to join the System1 Innovation Lab. This position requires hands-on experience working to solve complex visual design problems.A combination of exceptional visual design capabilities with a user centric, UX mindset is crucial to being successful in this role.
The System1 Innovation Lab is tasked to design, incubate and launch new products and capabilities working from ideation to prototype to MVP to market validation through to in-market products. The team works at a fast pace and iterates quickly to deliver great experiences.
The Role You Will Have
- Design compelling UI visuals for web (desktop/mobile) and mobile apps
- You can work from whiteboard drawing to wireframe to low fidelity mockups to finished designs ready for development
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with product, engineering and business stakeholders
- Ability to translate goals and KPIs into design
- Data driven decision making
- Create and define production assets and maintain sharp eye for quality
- Ensure the assets are implemented in a way that looks great and functions properly, and troubleshoot
What You Will Bring
- 2-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI design
- Work experience with mobile apps and web apps.
- Online portfolio of your work for review (include link in resume or application)
- You have designed more than brochure websites, you’ve designed interactive experiences.
- Proficient with visual design programs including Sketch specifically
- Experience with Zeplin and InVision beneficial
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize data for the best possible outcome
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
What We Have to Offer
- 17 days of PTO
- Untracked sick time
- Transportation benefits & subsidies
- Health & Fitness subsidies
- Weekly happy hours and catered lunches several times per week
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Regular social and team-building events