Senior PHP Developer
Guelph, Ontario, CAN /
Qool Media is looking for a creative and ambitious Full-Stack Web Developer to join our publishing team to create, maintain and improve our new and existing online publications as well as build tools to support the greater publishing team. This role is a full-time position located in Guelph, Ontario. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, self-motivated, and autonomous with education or experience in Web Development and have great interpersonal skills.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to design and build new websites, components and interfaces from conception to completion.
- Work with the development team to improve and maintain great SEO and site speed.
- Organize and maintain website code bases / repositories.
- Assist the development team in diagnosing and finding solutions to issues or bugs in website and other projects.
- QA customer-facing changes and deployments.
- Build and maintain tools in support of the publishing team.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to work well in a close-knit team environment and also independently.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Commitment to “be the expert” on current and developing website development trends and standards.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to deliver solutions in fast-paced environment.
- Creative, open-minded with great attention to detail.
- Must have 4+ years professional PHP experience
- Node JS, Webpack, npm, nice to have
- MySQL, MariaDB, SQLCSS3, Sass with proficiency in responsive CSS
- Wordpress template design, plugin development and coding standards
- Git source control
- JTest / Mocha unit testing
- Website Design experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with SEO
- Experience coding on AWS, Lambda, Code Deploy
What We Have to Offer
- A competitive compensation package including equity
- A robust benefits package
- Group RRSP plan
- Starting vacation of 17 days annually
- Flexible working hours
- Fitness reimbursements
- Small, efficient, and well-supported teams
- A culture of support and collaboration
- Regular social events and team lunches
- An in-office lounge with 60" TV, Xbox, and comfy chairs
- Free snacks and beverage center
- Fun people