Senior Data Scientist
Venice, CA /
Data Science /
System1 is hiring a Senior Data Scientist! This is an impactful role with high visibility. We are looking for experienced candidates that will bring analytical skills and statistical methods to model the behavior of end-users, advertisers, and publishers. You will also be instrumental in guiding and building our data science platform, and developing our next generation of recommendation systems. You will build optimizations that operate in real-time on a significant amount of daily revenue. You should be comfortable working in a highly cross-coordinated team environment where you will collaborate daily with engineering, account management and product teams.
System1 is an organization centered around data and data products. We firmly believe data should inform and guide every quantitative decision process. We hire people who can utilize their broad set of technical skills to address technical challenges, as well as mentor junior team members on industry specific challenges and best practices. At System1, our Data Science team is responsible for work across the following: engineering, business, product, serving, analytics, and operations.
The Role You Will Have
- Impactful contributor to core optimization systems and architecture design
- Build models for key revenue-generating projects
- Quickly iterate and release new models to production systems
- Proactively seek out optimization opportunities with business stakeholders
- Provide leadership in statistical best practices as applied to data science
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist in the ad tech industry
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, engineering, computer science) preferred
- Experience with time series models and regression based models
- Deep experience with production data science solutions using Python and R
- Proven track record with analyzing very large data sets
- Work experience with various database technologies such as Snowflake, AWS, and Spark
- Preferably experience with search engine marketing and keyword research
What We Have to Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Daily catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Bi-weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Bi-weekly onsite happy hour
- Catered dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.