Senior Marketing Manager, SEM
Venice, CA /
As the Senior Marketing Manager, you will lead the strategy, buying and execution of our SEM campaigns to drive customer acquisitions across multiple verticals including but not limited to auto, health, finance, and technology.
You will be directly responsible for the success of the SEM team and manage the day to day communications, process, and operations of the SEM channel. Strong industry knowledge, demonstrated success in performance marketing, comfort with data and analysis, and willingness to dive in and execute will be key factors for success.
As part of a rapidly growing marketing team, this position will play a critical role in growing and scaling System1’s marketing efforts. You will be working alongside a team of exceptional growth marketers and be accountable for meeting traffic, revenue, ad spend and ROI targets.
If you are the type of person who "gets stuff done" and wants to work in a fast-paced environment, then this is the perfect opportunity with limitless growth potential.
The Role You Will Have
- Own revenue and profit targets, this role is highly visible and high impact
- Lead and manage the SEM team’s day to day execution and performance
- Manage a portfolio of performance search marketing campaign across multiple verticals and geos in Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Gemini and other search platform
- Conduct hands-on bid optimization; Develop and implement strategies for keyword bidding, keyword selection and match type, account structure, quality score optimizations, audience testing, ad copy testing to meet and exceed ROI targets
- Communicate A/B test results and recommendations from programs with team and senior leadership
- Prioritize execution strategy based on revenue potential
- Stay ahead of industry trends and leverage emerging capabilities in the digital landscape
What You Will Bring
- Experience in managing a team of marketing professionals
- Expertise in using Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Gemini
- Deep understanding of search bidding strategies (tCPA, enhanced CPC, tROAS), automation tools, keyword selection, prospecting vs. retargeting
- Familiarity with marketing management tools (e.g. Marin, Kenshoo)
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar annual budget and a 1,000,000+ keyword portfolio
- Exceptional analytical abilities with a high attention to details
- Ability to identify trends and turn data into actionable business insights and hypothesis
- Creative problem solver with a balance of strategic thinking and detailed execution
- Exceptionally-detailed knowledge of metrics, specifically A/B, multi-variant testing and ROI analysis
- Strong time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter mentality with drive to succeed
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is a must. Ability to create macros and use SQL is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, economics)
What We Have to Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Daily catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Bi-weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Bi-weekly onsite happy hour
- Catered dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.