Software Engineer, E-Commerce
Bellevue, WA /
System1 is looking for a Software Engineer that is a curious, innovative, and methodical problem solver. In this role, you will play a key part in defining and building one of our new and promising e-commerce products. The ideal candidate is a team player who can design and execute simple and elegant solutions to big problems around large datasets and distributed systems, focusing on performance and scale. This person can also manipulate and leverage datasets to extract valuable insights coming from millions of users, external APIs, and data feeds.
The Role You Will Have
- Build new distributed platforms from the ground up, which focus on B2C retail and e-commerce products and continuously optimize to meet ambitious goals.
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets to enable product recommendations and user-intent detection.
- Build, operate, and optimize large web-based systems and platforms that interface directly with data science real-time scoring models and support various optimization algorithms that are multi-objective in nature.
- Process user engagement data, product feeds, and APIs in real-time/near real-time and integrate with ML models that power the products.
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years experience in backend or full stack development.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Well versed with Python and Python libraries/frameworks is required.
- Passion for leveraging technology to solve problems and maximize productivity.
- Thrive in collaborative teams.
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and using RESTful APIs.
What We Have To Offer
- Paid Parking or an ORCA card
- Cross-team lunches and tech demos to foster learning
- Untracked paid sick time, 17 days of PTO, and 10 paid company holidays
- Competitive benefits package
- Catered lunch twice a week and a fully stocked kitchen
- Happy hours at various bars, restaurants an venues across Bellevue
- Weekly yoga and fitness classes with private trainer
- Company parties and outings