Marketing Data Analyst
Vancouver, BC /
Ad Operations /
System1 is a leading online customer acquisition marketing company that operates the largest Responsive Acquisition Marketing Platform (RAMP) allowing leading digital publishers and networks a single platform to monetize customers in an increasingly complex ecosystem. We are led by passionate entrepreneurs & industry veterans who have built and managed multiple billion dollar companies. Our growing team of over 300 people is an incredible group of engineers, product managers, data scientists, & buy and sell-side experts.
System1’s Analytics group supports a diverse collection of teams, products, and business units, ensuring decisions at every level are made with data-driven insight. We are looking for a detail-oriented Marketing Data Analyst to join us and support our SEM and social buying teams. You will work directly with all key business stakeholders to push our fastest-growing business lines to new levels.
You'll not only optimize the team’s day-to-day performance using data analysis, you’ll also use your analytical skills to find and present potentially business-changing solutions. Not only will you be a problem-solver, but you’ll also be a problem-finder. You’ll need to be a fast learner and a self-starter with strong critical-thinking abilities. You’ll analyze data from a variety of sources, using proprietary and industry-leading tools and platforms. And you’ll work with teams across business units and of varying expertise, gaining a well-rounded understanding of all things System1.
Where We Are
System1 is based in Los Angeles, with our headquarters in Marina del Rey. Marketing Data Analysts sit in both our LA and Seattle area offices and work cross-functionally with teams in both locations.
What You Can Expect on the Marketing Analytics Team:
- Partner with digital media buying, analytics, product, and business teams to deliver evidence-based solutions to business challenges
- Support the team with routine analysis and reporting, as well as ad-hoc projects, oftentimes managing multiple projects at a time
- Keep relevant stakeholders updated on work progress, and present results/findings in a clear, concise manner, providing actionable insights to the team
- Participate in overall improvements to the larger Business analytics org by exemplifying time management and best practices, and collaborating to share knowledge and idea
What You Can Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of experience providing analytical support to digital marketing or business teams; in the tech industry is a plus
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field such as math, economics, finance, statistics, or computer science
- Intermediate to advanced SQL for querying large data sets; familiarity with data warehouses such as Snowflake and AWS is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced familiarity with Tableau visualization and reporting
- Advanced Excel proficiency (pivot tables, formulas, Vlookup)
- Comfort with reporting insights directly to business stakeholders and department leadership
- Familiarity with Python or R is a plus
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive salaries, bonus packages, and equity
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k w/matching
- Generous PTO + holidays
- Untracked sick days
- Paid professional development
- Remote work during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Employee Support Fund