Software Engineer - F#
Houston, TX -or- San Mateo, CA
As a technology company, our long-term success is dependent on the skill and alignment of our engineering team. We develop new software and hardware and rely on our engineers to bring the company's vision to fruition. Every engineer has the opportunity to make huge product contributions and has a responsibility to promote internal collaboration and adherence to best practices.
We believe that expressive, declarative code is more frequently correct code. The core of our software platform is built with F#, a functional-first, multi-paradigm, compiled language we think you’ll love. We seek engineers who are excited to do full-stack, product-driven thinking — learning and applying new skills every day.
- Make and communicate architectural decisions in areas of expertise
- Rapidly iterate in the cycle of code writing, testing, and maintenance
- Contribute to our various client and server code-bases as our needs evolve
- 2+ years experience as a professional software developer
- Substantive experience building cloud-based applications
- Commitment to mastering functional programming in F#
- Intense intellectual curiosity demonstrated by past projects and experiences
- Desire to work with a rapidly growing, values-driven start-up
- Experience with F#, OCaml, or other functional-first languages
- Experience with Windows Azure
- Domain knowledge in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills