Senior Backend Developer
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING /
We are seeking a talented Senior Backend Developer to join our team and contribute to Tachyus’ position as a leader in operational optimization for the oil and gas industry. As a technology-driven company, our success relies on the expertise and skills of our engineering team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in developing innovative software solutions, implementing robust backend systems, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality products. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to internal collaboration and adherence to best practices.
We operate in a full-stack environment, utilizing a functional-first, multiparadigm language. As a Senior Backend Developer, you will bridge the gap between research code and production-quality algorithms, optimizing performance, scalability, and reliability. We are looking for candidates passionate about product-driven thinking and with a strong foundation in delivery and design principles.
- Demonstrable expertise in backend development and design at a Senior/Principal level.
- 8 to 10 years of professional experience in backend development.
- Senior-level experience in ASP.NET Core (C#), with a willingness to become comfortable with F#.
- Familiarity with Python for web and console applications.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like bash, PowerShell, or similar.
- API design capabilities.
- Familiarity with Postman for API development and testing.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and strong SQL writing and tuning skills.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL DB and SQL Server.
- Ability to transform rough specifications into actionable development plans.
- Experience with Auth0 for authentication and authorization.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with DevOps practices and a willingness to contribute as necessary.
- Ability to create and maintain Kubernetes deployments and services.
- Strong understanding of Argo workflows.
- Familiarity with Poweredby Fivetran for data integration.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining GitHub repositories and managing GitHub Actions.
Nice to Have
Founded in 2014, Tachyus is a leader in operational optimization for the oil and gas industry. Aqueon, our waterflood modeling and optimization platform powered by our proprietary engine Data Physics, has increased production and reduced costs and GHG emissions for operators worldwide. We also recently extended Aqueon for CO2 EOR optimization, which major US operators already use.
In early 2022, Tachyus entered the ESG space with Aurion, a fully integrated software platform that helps GHG-intensive industries like oil and gas estimate, forecast, optimize and report GHG emissions and intensity. Since then, we have rapidly established ourselves as a leader, with over 20 clients in the US, the Middle East, and Latin America.