Houston, TX /
Tachyus is building a complex data-driven application that serves a diverse set of users within oil and gas production companies. Gathering feedback from customers, synthesizing iterations into precise documentation, and communicating clear product requirements to the team is challenging as we rapidly execute on our ambitious product roadmap. We need a Product Manager to work at the intersection of our customers, scientists, engineers, and designers to ensure all constituents voices are represented in product planning and properly informed of weekly product goals.
The right candidate will bring experience architecting complex products involving analytical workflows, a passion for thorough functional specification, and the ability to interface directly with important customers. As the Product Manager at Tachyus, this individual will work closely with our engineering team to transform product vision into well-prioritized and clearly specified plans. Additionally, the right hire will help lead a world-class product team by sourcing, interviewing, and managing future Tachyons.
We are looking for someone who has done the job before, but is excited to tackle the most sophisticated product challenges that merge cutting-edge interface design, data analysis, and fundamental scientific innovation.
- Formalize the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process at Tachyus; train the team and manage the process going forward
- Synthesize and organize feedback from existing customers and potential sales prospects to constrain high-level product vision with specific user needs
- Write specifications for designers to turn into pixel-perfect mockups, engineers to turn into functioning software, and customers to understand the product
- Organize internal product communications to optimize the flow of information about shifting product requirements and guarantee the right software is built
- Work closely with engineering leadership to project manage deliverables from the software team and ensure a consistent rapid release cycle.
- At least three years experience of technical product management
- Project(s) you can point to that show your success as a product manager
- Personal past experience designing and writing software
- Experience in business development and direct interaction with customers
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and enterprise software products
- Previous experience building a fast-paced enterprise software start-up
- Experience with hardware products or hardware-software combinations