Sr. Director, Product Marketing
Marketing – Marketing /
Tackle is the leading solution built to help software companies generate revenue through a data-driven Cloud go-to-market (Cloud GTM). Our Platform and our team come together to help our customers identify the right buyers, grow cloud co-sell relationships, and transact efficiently at scale through AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Red Hat.
Tackle works with more than 500 software companies including Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from companies scaling their go-to-market to the largest software companies in the world. We are venture backed by three of the world's top SaaS investors—a16z, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Coatue—to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
As the Snr Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for leading a high-performing team focused on driving growth through experimentation based on a deep understanding of product marketing, data, and all aspects of Tackle and Cloud GTM. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will partner closely with Product, Sales, CX, Partners, and the rest of Marketing to act as a catalyst for change while developing and driving key initiatives and cross-functional programs to strengthen our Cloud GTM leadership position.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and own our Cloud go-to-market narrative, Tackle Platform positioning, and value proposition while working cross-functionally to translate that into GTM strategy, plans, and campaigns
- Understand market trends, the competitive landscape, customer requirements, buyer behavior, and the ecosystem to better identify market opportunities and demand for Tackle’s offerings
- Partner with PMs to drive ICP and persona work to actively inform product development & GTM decisions
- Provide input into Tackle’s product strategy and pricing/packaging based on market and customer research findings, industry analyst interactions, and competitive findings
- Bring new features to market by leading the messaging, launch strategy, timelines, and distribution vehicles (including in-app, email, website, video, blog, etc) to ensure market coverage occurs in a consistent and orchestrated fashion
- Educate the market about Tackle’s offerings by creating compelling content across all Tackle marketing-owned assets and aligning with the continuous releases of Product
- Enable sellers to effectively position our offerings, leveraging internal tools and developing assets that help improve win rates
- Become a Tackle evangelist and cross-functional leader who unites Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams to drive business results
You Should Have:
- 8-10 years of experience leading and scaling a Product Marketing team at a SaaS company. Experience working with the Cloud Providers (AWS, Microsoft, or Google Cloud) is highly desirable.
- Experience supporting product-led and sales-led GTM motions
- Experience with being part of a team to drive pricing and packaging decisions for SaaS products
- Proven ability to execute strategically with a focus on measurable outcomes, developing a high-performing team, and experience in driving business transformation
- Ability to influence senior executives and build trust and mutual respect across functions and all levels of the organization
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills with the ability to turn complex data, technology, and concepts into clear communications
- Growth mindset: comfortable with undefined processes and experimentation; excited to work on new initiatives that fuel growth
$229,000 - $280,000 a year
(Range is OTE)
The salary information shown is a general guideline only. Any offer extended to a candidate will be based upon multiple factors including local currency, knowledge, skillset, experience and internal equity.
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing perks and benefits:
· Work remotely from anywhere within the US & Canada
· Competitive salary
· Equity package
· Health, dental and vision coverage
· Company off-site summits
· Monthly wellness reimbursement
· Internet and phone reimbursement
· $1000 home ergo/office set up
· Generous vacation plan & flexible work hours
· 401k + matching
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Awesome co-workers
Start with the customer - We succeed when our customers succeed. That's why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment - We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what's possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team - We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness - We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together - We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
The Hiring Process:
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
• Phone screen
• 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
• Some positions may require a take home test or additional steps throughout the process (this will be communicated to the candidate)
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.