Data Visualization Engineer
Somerville, MA /
Applied Data Science /
At Tagup, we use machine learning to make the machines that power the world safer, more reliable, and more efficient. As a rapidly scaling AI/ML technology company, we are looking to expand our team.
We work with some of the world’s most unique data sets. We have data from assets over a hundred years old, from countries around the world, and from the newest industrial sensors. We acquire gigabytes of new equipment data every day, with equivalently sized machine learning model output. Our challenge is presenting this data in meaningful ways to our customers. Effective data visualization is key.
In this position, you will lead our data visualization efforts: creating compelling, clear, and powerful visualizations of data in our platform. We want our data to tell a clear story, highlight insights we hadn't previously seen, and do it all faster than we've been able to previously.
You will work closely with the founders and our very talented engineering team to deliver a cutting-edge solution to our industrial clients. Your work will be instrumental in delivering value to our production clients by delivering innovative approaches to equipment and fleet data visualization. As we scale, you will have the opportunity to hire and lead a dedicated data visualization team.
- Build innovative and powerful visualizations of our customers and their data.
- Work with our engineering team to define user needs and help with the creation of creative data visualization to provide the best user experience possible.
- Prototype and develop new ideas and participate in all parts of the product lifecycle from research to release.
- Support general company data visualization needs, including print and web materials
- 3+ years of experience working in an analytical environment, including demonstrable data, analytics, reporting, visualization and problem-solving skills
- 2+ years of experience working with D3.js
- Experience working with very large datasets
- Experience interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and gaining a deep-dive understanding of key data
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills to concisely communicate in a way that provides context, offers insights, and minimizes misinterpretation
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.